On to the update:
1) Saturday, May 13 – Collin’s Eagle Project (rescheduled) 12:00 – 4:00 at Cottonwood Creek Elementary School. Hope you can all make it to help Collin.
2) May 13 – Cub Scout Campout. We need scouts to help with activities. Please, talk to Mr. Corkill if you are interested.
3) May 25 – Court of Honor. Dinner at 6:00 pm (details to follow); Court of Honor at 7:30. Next meetings will be make-up / rank advancement days to prepare for the Court of Honor
4) June 2 – 4 – Sand Dunes Campout. Sign up on the troop website ASAP so we can begin to plan .
5) June 4 – Centennial District Aquatics Extravaganza from 1:00 – 5:00 pm at Lowry Pool. Swimming merit badge, swim tests, and swimming rank advancement requirements will be offered. Free but must sign up in advance. https://centennialdistrict.doubleknot.com/event/centennial-district-aquatics-extravaganza/2982382
6) Service Opportunities. More information will be included in the weekly update
May 13 – Help sort food at Coventry Cupboard
June 3 – Assist with the Morrison Marathon
7) We have a new shipment of Class B uniforms (these are dry-fit t-shirts with the troop logo) that scouts may purchase (I believe the cost is $10 but will need to confirm). These are great for summer camp, campouts, and scouts may wear them rather than the full, Class A, uniforms during summer meetings in the park. Speak with Mrs. Rissmiller or Mrs. Smith if you would like one (or two).
8) If you are attending summer camp at Camp Dobbins this summer, please complete your merit badge selections on the following spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s4-hSXRDs6N5-hCWlL8sNrm6hbvgXJWrTq86Hk-4-qk/edit?usp=sharing. It is very important to get your selections in as popular merit badges will fill. I have included the program guide here for reference.
9) Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum along with the BSA, will be conducting a STEM / Nova day camp this summer. The dates for the day camp will be Tuesday, May 30th to Friday, June 2nd. You can earn the Aviation and Space Exploration Merit badge. More information below.
10) We are gauging interest in high adventure camps for 2024. Our troop will attend Sea Base (sailing in the Florida Keys) and/or Northern Tier (canoeing through the lakes of Northern Minnesota). It may seem far off, but we need to plan now because these camps fill quickly. If you have ANY interest in attend, please add your name to the following spreadsheets. Scouts must be 13 and First Class to attend these camps.
Northern Tier interest list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mBE9mWcx-PSiF-N7SZCRy5cdOFI9ItbGz7kfloO8tZQ/edit?usp=sharing
Sea Base interest list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s0ExeP_lXzA2FD9xhb3vjWI5Mxgk81NgTm11IL0Li_c/edit?usp=sharing
11) I have also attached a copy of the April Newsletter from Colorado Adventure Point. This includes all the upcoming merit badge classes for those who are interested. Please, let me know if you have any questions.
Let me know if you have any questions.
STEM/Nova Day Camp at Wings over the Rockies
Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum along with the BSA, will be conducting a STEM / Nova day camp this summer. The dates for the day camp will be Tuesday, May 30th to Friday, June 2nd.
For Cub Scouts, the day camp will complete four Nova badges, one in each of the STEM categories. For ScoutsBSA, the Scouts will earn merit badges in Aviation and Space Exploration, plus two Nova badges.
The cost for this day camp will be $240, which includes tours of the museum.
Space is limited, so if you have Cub Scouts or Scouts BSA that are interested, they need to sign up soon. We have 15 slots for Cub Scouts and 20 slots for Scouts BSA.