Troop 345 Weekly Email
Hello, this week we will be doing the Court of Honor where we honor all those who have accomplished either their next rank or completed a new merit badge.
1 January 27th Court of Honor The first Court of Honor of the 2022 year is the 27th of January, please make sure that you are getting rank advancement and merit badges
completed as soon as possible. Patrol Leaders: It is your responsibility to check in with every individual in your patrol to see where they are at. Please contact me or Mr. Wilcox.
2. February 4th-6th Klondaree Winter camping at Golden Gate State Park Please sign up on the troop website Please contact Mr. Wilcox for questions
3. August 1st -12th World Scout Jamboree Please the below information by Mr. Mohr Please Contact Mr. Mohr for questions
2023 WORLD SCOUT JAMBOREE
South Korea, August 1 – 12, 2023
The Scouting movement is world-wide and there is an opportunity for you to participate in the next Jamboree in 2023!
Youth Participants must be at least age 14 by the first day of the Jamboree, August 1, 2023, and have not turned age 18 by the last day of the jamboree, August 12, 2023.
So…. every Scout has 1 opportunity to participate in a World Jamboree during their Scouting journey.
EVERY SCOUT SHOULD ATTEND A JAMBOREE, WHICH PROVIDES AN OPPORTUNITY TO:
(1) Meet youth from all over the world just like them (40,000 participants from all over the world)
(2) Travel Internationally
(3) Experience the culture and Country of South Korea, one of the fastest growing countries and economies in the world.
(4) Have Fun
(5) Build your college applications with international exchange, service hours and have life-defining experiences to write about
(6) Did you know that the activities at a WSJ include:
International Food Halls
Zip Lines over the Ocean
Hi Tech and STEM Activities
River / Ocean paddle sports
In 2019 — our troop had 4 participants in the WSJ, and we are hoping to have more from Troop 345 next summer.
Attached is a FAQ – which covers most of the high-level questions.
I know that so far there are 3 people from our Troop that have signed up to be selected. The total Cost is $6100 (not cheap) but a once in a lifetime experience. The first step is to fill out the application and submit a $500 deposit ASAP as the selection process is underway and when the total # of participates from the US reaches 560 youth, they will close the registration. The US applicants are approximately 50% full as of this week.
Please let me know if there are additional questions that I can answer.
Yours in Scouting,
If you are going to Philmont and are not receiving the dedicated Philmont Emails please contact Mr. Poole at, Thank you
The next PLC is 1/30/2022