Thank you to Mrs. Gibbons for putting together another great court of honor. Really wonderful to see all the hard work from the last four month rewarded with nearly 100 merit badges and rank upon rank of advancement.
Some important changes coming up, so be sure to read the updates below:
1) Jerome has his eagle project on Sunday, May 29th, from 9-3. It is working with Community sailing of Colorado building paddle board racks and part of a retaining wall. It will be located inside Cherry Creek reservoir at 4800 S Dayton St, Greenwood Village, CO 80111.
2) Thursday, May 26 – Troop meetings move to Westland Park (same time 7:00 – 8:30 pm). If you have not been there before, we are at the shelter by the lake at the south end of the parking lot. Our first meeting at the park will be ALL GAMES!!!! I will not be there, so we will need some adults to help supervise the games.
3) Saturday, May 21, 10:00 – 2:00 – Volunteer event at University of Denver. Picture of the flyer is attached here.
4) June 3 – 5: Rank Advancement Campout – WE NEED ADULT LEADERS. Most of our regular leaders will be on the Philmont shakedown the same weekend. This is a campout meant for our younger scouts to complete rank requirements. Please, let me know if you can help. Also, if you are interested in attending, please sign up on the troop website
5) June 3 – 5: Philmont Shakedown #2. Crews should be scheduling their own planning meetings.
6) We can still add some scouts to the summer camp roster. If you are interested, contact Mr. Wilcox directly.
7) Saturday, May 21 at 10:00 am – Ian needs assistance completing his Eagle scout project. Sorting donated items into backpacks for homeless youth.