Fun meeting today. Updates below:
1) We will have a PLC after the meeting next Thursday. ASPLs and Patrol leaders should attend, as well as anyone else interested in being involved with the troop decision-making
2) Swim Test: June 14 at 11:00 am at Hills West Pool (10458 E Crestline Pl). Required for scouts attending summer camp and for 2nd Class.
3) Summer Camp – you should have received another e-mail regarding camp Thursday with patrol assignments and leadership roles (as determined at the meeting today)
– Make sure you have turned in your health forms, they were due today! If you did not receive an email from CampDocs with a link, let me know ASAP
4) June 30 – Alumni Picnic. Join us at the park for dinner and games. The whole family is invited along with any former members of the troop.
5) July 29th – 31st – Rafting campout. Camp Friday and Saturday night. Raft on Saturday and an optional five-mile hike on Sunday to complete the Camping Merit Badge requirement # 9b. – http://usscouts.org/mb/worksheets/list.asp
Rafting: One day on Brown’s Canyon All Day trip with River Runners which includes lunch
Cost: $150 per person to include a full day of rafting, guide gratuity, camping fees, and food.
The age limit is 8 years old or older with a parent
Register on the Troop website.
Contact Mr. Champeau for more details
7) Meeting will continue to be at Westland Park (in pavilion south of the parking lot next to the ponds) for the rest of the summer. Same time 7:00 – 8:30. Scouts can wear Class B (troop t-shirts) rather than full uniforms while we are at the park.