Apologies for this being late. I hope that you all had fun at the meeting last night. A special thank you to those of you who chose to help Ian with his Eagle project rather than play the games. That is true scouting spirit.
Next week, we will have a more normal meeting (still at WESTLANDS PARK), working on the 90 day merit badges (focus on finishing Personal Fitness). We will start the Chess merit badge and would like to start a more artistic merit badge. If any adults are artistic or crafty and would like to lead one of these merit badges, we would greatly appreciate it: Art, Model Building & Design, Photography, Pottery, Sculpture, Textile, Wood Carving.
Please, contact Mr. Wilcox if you can help with one of these merit badges (we are also open to other suggestions).
Now to the updates:
1) Jerome has his eagle project on Sunday, May 29th, from 9-3. It is working with Community sailing of Colorado building paddle board racks and part of a retaining wall. It will be located inside Cherry Creek reservoir at 4800 S Dayton St, Greenwood Village, CO 80111.
2) June 2: PLC to follow usual meeting — scouts with leadership positions expected to attend, all scouts encouraged to attend
3) June 3 – 5: Rank Advancement Campout – CANCELLED due to lack of interest. Sorry to say that we had a couple of adults volunteer to lead this, but only one scout signed up.
4) June 3 – 5: Philmont Shakedown #2. Crews should be scheduling their own planning meetings.
5) June 4: Nicholas’s Eagle Project at CALF (Colorado Agricultural Leadership Foundation). More details to follow.
6) We can still add some scouts to the summer camp roster. If you are interested, contact Mr. Wilcox directly.
7) If you are going to summer camp, please get your merit badge selections to Mr. Wilcox ASAP!!! Or I’ll pick for you all my favorites (Pioneering, Orienteering, Wilderness Survival, Space Exploration)
8) June 30: Alumni Picnic. This will be in place of our usual meeting. Families and all former scouts invited to an evening of scouting comradery
Thank you all. Have a great start to your summer.