See important updates below:
Thank you to all of you who helped to break down tables and clean up trash after GV Days!
1) August 4 (next meeting) – Merit Badge make up. Last chance to finish merit badges prior to the Court of Honor. Bring any incomplete blue cards to get some final requirements signed off.
2) August 7: Josh’s Eagle Project. If you were at the meeting, you should have received a flier, otherwise, contact him for more information.
3) August 11 – Scouting Heritage Merit Badge – Mrs. Lloyd from the council will teach the entire merit badge in one night. The only requirement you must complete on your own is to visit a scouting museum (there is one at the council offices, but it is only open on Tuesdays).
4) August 18: Court of Honor at Sundance Pool — We will have swimming starting at 6:00 followed by a pot luck dinner and the court of honor at 7:00. If you would like to be an emcee (requirement for the Communications Merit Badge), please let Mrs. Gibbons know.
5) August 23: Scouting Carnival from 6:00 – 8:00 pm at Cottonwood Park (behind Cottonwood Elementary). Scouts should plan to attend to get younger children interested in and excited about scouting.
6) August 26 – 28: 14er Campout – sign up NOW on the troop website. Great chance to climb a 14er with the troop.
7) September 30 – October 2 – District Camporee sign up NOW on the troop website. Scouting skills competitions and campfire with troops from all over the Centennial and Black Feather districts. I would like as many scouts as possible to attend.
8) 50 Miler Award: Scouts who attended Philmont. If you have completed 10 hours of conservation work, you can receive the 50 miler award. Please, send a record of your service hours to me to complete the award.
9) Peaches – keep selling peaches (and bring your sales records and money to the troop meetings). They are $50 for a 20# box and $30 for a 10# box. About 30% of the sales go to your personal scout account for exciting activities like summer camp and high adventure camps. For example, selling $1,500 of peaches pays for summer camp. Peaches will be delivered at the end of August.
10) High Adventure Camps 2023: Next summer, our troop will be attending three high adventure camps: Northern Tier (canoeing in Northern Minnesota / Canada), World Jamboree in Korea, and National Jamboree in West Virginia. If you are interested in attending any of these, please let me know ASAP.