Congratulations on 42 scouts earning the Scouting Heritage merit badge tonight! I’m fairly certain that that was the best turnout we’ve had all summer, and I’m very proud of everyone. Thank you to Mrs. Lloyd for coming in to teach the merit badge.
Updates below including some important venue changes, so please read:
1) Wednesday, August 17: Josh Weinstein’s Eagle Ceremony at 7:00 pm at Hope. All scouts are invited. We need a scout from each rank to participate in the ceremony. Please, let me know if you are interested.
2) August 18: Court of Honor, NOTE: We are having some trouble booking Sundance Pool. I am confident it will work out, but keep an eye out for a potential venue or time change. Assuming it is at Sundance, we will have swimming starting at 6:00 followed by a pot luck dinner and the court of honor at 7:00. Families should bring a side dish or dessert.
3) Wednesday, August 24 (Note changed date): Scouting Carnival from 6:00 – 8:00 pm at Cottonwood Park (behind Cottonwood Elementary). Scouts should plan to attend to get younger children interested in and excited about scouting.
4) August 25: Scout meetings will return to Hope Methodist Church at the same time 7:00 – 8:30 pm. The next PLC will be held after this meeting.
5) August 27 – Josh’s Eagle Project at 10:00 am at Temple Sinai
6) September 30 – October 2 – District Camporee – sign up NOW on the troop website. Scouting skills competitions and campfire with troops from all over the Centennial and Black Feather districts. I would like as many scouts as possible to attend.
7) Peaches – keep selling peaches (and bring your sales records and money to the troop meetings). They are $50 for a 20# box and $30 for a 10# box. About 30% of the sales go to your personal scout account for exciting activities like summer camp and high adventure camps. For example, selling $1,500 of peaches pays for summer camp. Peaches will be delivered at the end of August.
8) High Adventure Camps 2023: Next summer, our troop will be attending three high adventure camps: Northern Tier (canoeing in Northern Minnesota / Canada), World Jamboree in Korea, and National Jamboree in West Virginia. If you are interested in attending any of these, please let me know ASAP.
The council has released information about Colorado contingent for the National Jamboree. You may follow this link to learn more, including the price ($2,500, which includes airfare), and sign up to be on the interest list. https://coloradojambo2023.org/