Another Thursday. More rain at 8:00. Maybe one of these weeks we’ll get to a game without being interrupted by moisture from the sky.
Here are the updates:
1) June 18 – Father’ Day Hike for Hiking Merit Badge (or just fun). This beautiful moderate out-and-back hike covers a total of 12 miles through a beautiful mountain setting 45 minutes west of Hope Methodist Church up Highway 285. We will meet at Hope at 7 am to get the prime parking spots.
2) Summer Camp Attendee Meeting at the meeting next week. If you are attending summer camp, be sure to come to select leaders and learn more about camp.
3) Also next week, there will be a PLC after the meeting. Scouts with leadership positions are required to attend. All scouts are encouraged to attend.
4) July 14 – 16 – Backpacking Campout. This campout is limited to 12 scouts due to campsite restrictions and to scouts who are 14 or have finished 8th grade. We will camp Friday at a campsite near parking then backpack about 4.5 miles into a wilderness site to camp the second night before packing back on Sunday morning. It should be an amazing experience. Sign up on the troop website (first come, first serve).
5) We have a new shipment of Class B uniforms (these are dry-fit t-shirts with the troop logo) that scouts may purchase (I believe the cost is $10 but will need to confirm). These are great for summer camp, campouts, and scouts may wear them rather than the full, Class A, uniforms during summer meetings in the park. Speak with Mrs. Rissmiller or Mrs. Smith if you would like one (or two).
6) Time is running out to sign up for high adventure camps for 2024. We are preparing to make reservations, so if you are interested, in Sea Base (sailing in the Florida Keys) and/or Northern Tier (canoeing through the lakes of Northern Minnesota), please add your name to the following spreadsheets. Scouts must be 13 and First Class to attend these camps.
Northern Tier interest list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mBE9mWcx-PSiF-N7SZCRy5cdOFI9ItbGz7kfloO8tZQ/edit?usp=sharing
Sea Base interest list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s0ExeP_lXzA2FD9xhb3vjWI5Mxgk81NgTm11IL0Li_c/edit?usp=sharing
7) I have also attached a copy of the May Newsletter from Colorado Adventure Point. This includes all the upcoming merit badge classes for those who are interested. Please, let me know if you have any questions.