Congratulations to Darius on earning Tenderfoot.
Right to the update:
1) August 17 – Court of Honor at Sundance Pool. We will need scouts to volunteer as MC (reminder: this is a requirement for the Communications merit badge)
Swimming from 5 – 6 pm
Pot Luck 6 – 7 pm (details below)
Court of Honor 7 – 8 pm
We must be out of the pool by 8:00 pm
Pot Luck Assignments:
Valkyries – Dessert
Panini Monkeys – Side dish / salad
Pyromaniacs – Main dish
Nighthawks – Main dish
Butterside Down – Chef’s choice
2) August 26 – District Fishing Derby for those who need to complete the Fishing merit badge requirements at Lake Lehow. Advanced registration is required. If we have enough scouts interested, we can make this a troop event. Otherwise, scouts can register and go on their own. Please, let me know if you are interested or register here (also let me know): https://denverboyscouts.doubleknot.com/registration/calendardetail.aspx?activitykey=2983193&orgkey=1703&ReturnURL=//denverboyscouts.doubleknot.com/app/calendar/month/1703/2023-08-01/1703/0/
3) September 8 – 10 – 14er Campout. Location TBD. Scouts must be 14 or accompanied by an adult to attend this campout.
4) September 29 – Oct 1 – District Camporee. Super fun district campout with a day of competitions (that we ruled last year). Highly encourage all scouts to attend.
5) Sell Peaches! We offer a 10lb box for $30 or 20lb box for $50. These are Palisade Peaches (best in the world) fresh from the tree. And scouts get approximately 25% of the proceeds into their scout accounts for campouts and other scouting activities.
That’s all I can think of right now. Please, let me know if I’ve forgotten anything or if you have any questions.