I had this all typed up Thursday night but apparently it failed to send. Apologies it is so late.
Thank you to everyone for attending the court of honor tonight and for all the great food that everyone shared. Congratulations to everyone who earned merit badges and rank advancement tonight. It is great to see all your hard work pay off.
Also a special congratulations to:
Julian – Super Scout
Jakob – Leadership Award
Shelby – Scouting Spirit Award
Now to the updates:
1) MEETINGS WILL MOVE TO HOPE starting next week, August 24. Also, there will be a PLC after the meeting. All scouts with leadership postions should attend.
2) Sunday, August 20 – Adult Leaders Meeting at 6:00 pm. Note the time change.
3) August 26 – District Fishing Derby for those who need to complete the Fishing merit badge requirements at Lake Lehow. Advanced registration is required. If we have enough scouts interested, we can make this a troop event. Otherwise, scouts can register and go on their own. Please, let me know if you are interested or register here (also let me know): https://denverboyscouts.doubleknot.com/registration/calendardetail.aspx?activitykey=2983193&orgkey=1703&ReturnURL=//denverboyscouts.doubleknot.com/app/calendar/month/1703/2023-08-01/1703/0/
4) September 8 – 10 – 14er Campout. PLEASE SIGN UP ASAP, so we can plan where we will camp. We will climb Greys and Torres. Scouts must be 14 or accompanied by an adult to attend this campout.
5) September 29 – Oct 1 – District Camporee. Super fun district campout with a day of competitions (that we ruled last year). Highly encourage all scouts to attend.
6) Peaches should be delivered on August 24 or 25. Please, plan to turn your orders and money at the court of honor on August 17. There will also be an in-person sale on Saturday, August 26 at 8:00am. Any scouts who participate will split the proceeds.
7) I was asked to include this link to the Colorado chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. This is an important organization that is there to support anyone who is suffering from depression or considering hurting themselves. Everyone should know that there is help out there. https://afsp.org/chapter/colorado/?_kx=i_qXlk9-q98BU4-kkIH74l-nyaNspkktywujkDZVlyY%3D.NcEaHs#events
That’s all I can think of right now. Please, let me know if I’ve forgotten anything or if you have any questions.