Author Archives: pooleaa
May 9th Announcment
Hello everyone this week we will be continuing to meet at the park with Masks still required
The Pythons will be doing flags and we will be playing Capture the Flag. NO PARK.
5/13 Patrol Activity
Pythons-First Aid-Rank Advancements
Treagles-Helping with Rank Advancement
Turtles- Any activity listed but no park
Some Upcoming Events:
The Pack 345 Field day has been canceled
Saturday, May 15 or Sunday, May 16 at 9:00 am: Geocaching Event at Castlewood Park Parking Lot (5601 E Orchard Dr). Plan to attend one if you want to complete the Geocaching Merit Badge
Adult Committee and Leaders Meeting – May 16 at 6:00 pm
May 21st to the 23rd the troop will be doing a backpacking trip at Lost Creek Wilderness. Sign up for the Backpacking Campout is now CLOSED due to limited group size at the campsite.
May 22nd-23rd the Pack 351 and 345 will be holding a campout to celebrate their crossovers at the Cherry Creek Reservoir.
June 5th there will be another hike for Sea Base at Mount Morrison. All scouts are welcome to come whether they are attending Sea Base or not. If you would like to come please fill out an orange card on the troop website.
The troop will also be going to Camp Dobbins from June 27- July 3rd. And there is still a few people who need to provide the date of birth and e-mail address to receive the Summer Camp medical forms.
If you have any question let Mr. Wilcox or your SPL know.
Announcement from the Scoutmaster
In an attempt to shorten our announcements at the meetings, I am going to begin sending an update after the meetings. Please read these so you know all the fun activities we have coming up.
1) Peaceful Valley Campout – April 23 – 25. We will be doing an Olympic-style patrol competition including scouting skills and fun games. If you want to attend, sign up on the troop website: http://troop345denver.org/events/orangecard/. Deadline to sign up is April 16.
2) Troop Shed Move – Sunday, April 11 at 2:00 pm. We are moving our equipment into a new troop shed (across the yard). If we have a number of scouts there it should take less than an hour, so please plan to attend.
3) Court of Honor – Thursday, April 29 at 6:00 pm at the church. This is an event for families to celebrate all the accomplishments of our scouts over the past six months. Please plan to join. More details to come. Scouts should have all merit badges and and rank advancement complete and turned into Mrs. Miller by April 22 in order to be acknowledged at the Court of Honor.
4) There With Care Service Project – Anyone who signed up for the There With Care Project, please bring your items to the next meeting or drop them at the Wilcox house.
5) Any scouts interested in a leadership position or a new leadership position, please speak with our new SLP, or me.
6) We have realigned our patrols. The patrols now are:
New Scouts – Python (Oliver Patrol Leader)
6th Grade Boys – Gladiator (Edward Patrol Leader)
Girls’ Patrol – Valkyries (Mariella Patrol Leader)
7th Grade Patrol – Treagles (Russel Patrol Leader)
8th Grade Patrol – Dragons (Henry Patrol Leader)
9th Grade Patrol – Turtles (Evan Patrol Leader)
March Service Project
If you look at the signup sheet, you will notice three enteries for the March Service Project. There is Stuffie Stories, Decorating grocery bags, and a Food Drive. Our ASPL needs you to sign up BEFORE Spring break – so have a look now and volunteer! Henry will send out more info about the project once I have more information.
Colorado River Camp Signup
The Troop has secured three nights fo camping at Pumphouse Campground just below Kremling on the Colorado River. The dates are Thurs, August 5th – Sunday, August 7th. The site can host thirty people. Individual sites are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Rafts and duckies will be avialable for scouts can working on their Whitewater merit badge.