Troop 345 Weekly Email
Hello, this week we will be doing the Citizenship in the Society Merit Badge, please see the attached document for the requirements. We will be breaking out into different patrols in separate rooms. This will be the only thing we will be doing unless you have a Scoutmaster’s conference or Board of Review. Please start wearing your Class A’s with your neckerchief and slide for flags. For Wilderness first-aid please see the following link (http://ecsinstitute.org/scouting-wfa) to register for April 16th at the Colorado Adventure point the fee will be $150 for those interested in the event, all are welcome.
1 March 25th – 26th Fundamentals We are not sure where this will be currently but some options are the Adventure Point, Peaceful Valley, or the church.
2. April 1st – 3rd PV Campout This will be at Camp Dobbins in the spring.
3. July 29th – July 31st Rafting Campout Please Email Mr. Champeau to reserve a spot by tomorrow February 7th to receive the best discount. Please Contact Mr. Champeau
4. August 1st -12th World Scout Jamboree Please the below information by Mr. Mohr Please Contact Mr. Mohr for questions
2023 WORLD SCOUT JAMBOREE
South Korea, August 1 – 12, 2023
The Scouting movement is world-wide and there is an opportunity for you to participate in the next Jamboree in 2023!
Youth Participants must be at least age 14 by the first day of the Jamboree, August 1, 2023, and have not turned age 18 by the last day of the jamboree, August 12, 2023.
So…. every Scout has 1 opportunity to participate in a World Jamboree during their Scouting journey.
EVERY SCOUT SHOULD ATTEND A JAMBOREE, WHICH PROVIDES AN OPPORTUNITY TO:
(1) Meet youth from all over the world just like them (40,000 participants from all over the world)
(2) Travel Internationally
(3) Experience the culture and Country of South Korea, one of the fastest growing countries and economies in the world.
(4) Have Fun
(5) Build your college applications with international exchange, service hours and have life-defining experiences to write about
(6) Did you know that the activities at a WSJ include:
International Food Halls
Zip Lines over the Ocean
Hi Tech and STEM Activities
River / Ocean paddle sports
In 2019 — our troop had 4 participants in the WSJ, and we are hoping to have more from Troop 345 next summer.
Attached is a FAQ – which covers most of the high-level questions.
I know that so far there are 3 people from our Troop that have signed up to be selected. The total Cost is $6100 (not cheap) but a once in a lifetime experience. The first step is to fill out the application and submit a $500 deposit ASAP as the selection process is underway and when the total # of participates from the US reaches 560 youth, they will close the registration. The US applicants are approximately 50% full as of this week.
Please let me know if there are additional questions that I can answer.
Yours in Scouting,
If you are going to Philmont and are not receiving the dedicated Philmont Emails please contact Mr. Poole.
Next PLC is 2/27/2022