Well done everyone getting ready for the court of honor in a couple of weeks. There is a lot going on in the coming weeks, so please read through the update so you don’t miss anything.
1) Josh’s Eagle Project has been postponed. It will probably take place either August 13 or 14.
2) August 11 – Scouting Heritage Merit Badge – Mrs. Lloyd from the council will teach the entire merit badge in one night. The only requirement you must complete on your own is to visit a scouting museum (there is one at the council offices).
3) August 18: Court of Honor at Sundance Pool — We will have swimming starting at 6:00 followed by a pot luck dinner and the court of honor at 7:00. Families should bring a side dish or dessert.
4) August 23: Scouting Carnival from 6:00 – 8:00 pm at Cottonwood Park (behind Cottonwood Elementary). Scouts should plan to attend to get younger children interested in and excited about scouting.
5) August 25: Scout meetings will return to Hope Methodist Church at the same time 7:00 – 8:30 pm. The next PLC will be held after this meeting.
6) August 26 – 28: 14er Campout – sign up NOW on the troop website. If we do not have enough scouts signed up by August 12, we will cancel the campout.
7) September 30 – October 2 – District Camporee – sign up NOW on the troop website . Scouting skills competitions and campfire with troops from all over the Centennial and Black Feather districts. I would like as many scouts as possible to attend.
8) 50 Miler Award: Scouts who attended Philmont. If you have completed 10 hours of conservation work, you can receive the 50 miler award. Please, send a record of your service hours to me to complete the award.
9) Peaches – keep selling peaches (and bring your sales records and money to the troop meetings). They are $50 for a 20# box and $30 for a 10# box. About 30% of the sales go to your personal scout account for exciting activities like summer camp and high adventure camps. For example, selling $1,500 of peaches pays for summer camp. Peaches will be delivered at the end of August.
10) High Adventure Camps 2023: Next summer, our troop will be attending three high adventure camps: Northern Tier (canoeing in Northern Minnesota / Canada), World Jamboree in Korea, and National Jamboree in West Virginia. If you are interested in attending any of these, please let me know ASAP.
The council has released information about Colorado contingent for the National Jamboree. You may follow this link to learn more, including the price ($2,500, which includes airfare), and sign up to be on the interest list. https://coloradojambo2023.org/