Hey Troop 345!!
Here is the update for the week:
1) Henley’s Eagle Scout Project is this weekend. Here is the message from Henley:
Hey Troop 345,
For those not attending Camporee this weekend, I would welcome your help with my Eagle Project @ the Aurora Reservoir. My project will involve wrapping trees with welded wire fencing to protect them from beavers chewing them down. Details are below – if you can assist (even if for a short period of time), please RSVP, so that I can get a good count for the work teams.
Date: Saturday – Sept 30th
Arrival Time: 9:00am
Apprx. End Time: 2:45pm
Location: Upper Parking Lot of the Aurora Reservoir (admission will be free for volunteers)
There will be donuts upon arrival, and pizza for lunch. Snacks will also be available during the project.
Please wear long pants and hiking boots, as we will be walking around the shoreline of the reservoir. Also, if you have work gloves, please bring them, but we will have some available.
Thanks in advance,
2) Tour of Buckley Air Force Base – Our troop has an opportunity to tour Buckley Air Force Base on either October 11 or 18 (Wednesday) at 4:30 pm. We need to sign up ASAP, so please let Mr. Wilcox know if you are interested and which day you would prefer. As Mr. Wilcox will not be able to attend either day, we will need adults to attend as well.
3) October 27 – 29 – Potential additional campout at Peaceful Valley. This was not on the original plan, but because the Camporee is in September rather than October, we have an opening. We will hold the campout if there is enough interest.
4) November 4 – Annual Food Drive. We will hand out bag and flyers at the meeting on October 26
5) November 10 – 11 – ILST Overnight and Annual Plan. An many scouts and families should attend the planning meeting on Saturday morning.
6) December 8 – 10 – Ski Weekend at Copper Mountain – We will have a ski in / ski out condo where everyone can stay. If you are interested, please sign up ASAP so we can ensure we have enough scouts to make it happen.
7) We need scouts to be Den Chiefs for the Cub Scout dens. This is a good leadership position for scouts who need leadership for rank advancement. The requirement is to attend typically one den meeting and one pack meeting each month. Please, talk to Mr. Wilcox if you are interested.
8) Remember to wear your CLASS A UNIFORM to ALL future meetings. If a scout does not wear their uniform to the meeting, they will not be allowed to participate in the game.
That is all for this week. If you have any questions, please feel free to email either myself for Mr. Wilcox.
Thank you for taking the time to read this email,