First off, congratulations to several scouts who achieved rank advancement (including a few that I missed last week):
Ashley – Scout Rank
Elle – Scout Rank
Julian – 2nd Class
Ian – 2nd Class
Brayden – 1st Class
On to the update:
1) Last call to complete the meeting night survey! We are considering moving the day of our meetings. A survey went out last week. Please complete it so we can make an informed decision that meets the needs of the most scouts. The survey is here: https://forms.gle/pQn441UPYyzKRDBr7.
2) October 19 – No Meeting for Fall Break
3) October 26 – Patrol Leader Elections and PLC. Terms for all leadership positions end on November 1. If you want a leadership position in the next term, you need to speak with Mr. Wilcox.
4) October 27 – 29 – Potential additional campout at Peaceful Valley. We currently have four scouts signed up for this campout. It would be great to have some more to ensure it is viable. Sign-up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0E4AAAAD22AA8-44769066-peaceful
5) November 4 – Annual Food Drive. We will hand out bag and flyers at the meeting on October 26
6) November 10 – 11 – ILST Overnight and Annual Plan. As many scouts and families as possible should attend the planning meeting on Saturday morning — the scouts will make you breakfast. Sign up for this is not required, but it helps us for planning purposes. Please, sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0E4AAAAD22AA8-44986418-ilst.
7) November 11 – There will be a 10 mile hike through Waterton Canyon for the hiking and nature merit badges immediately following the annual plan.
8) December 8 – 10 – Ski Weekend at Copper Mountain – We will have a ski in / ski out condo where everyone can stay. If you are interested, please sign up ASAP so we can ensure we have enough scouts to make it happen. Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0E4AAAAD22AA8-44769369-skiweekend.
9) We need scouts to be Den Chiefs for the Cub Scout dens. This is a good leadership position for scouts who need leadership for rank advancement. The requirement is to attend typically one den meeting and one pack meeting each month. Please, talk to me if you are interested.
That’s everything this week. Let me know if you have any questions.