In an attempt to shorten our announcements at the meetings, I am going to begin sending an update after the meetings. Please read these so you know all the fun activities we have coming up.
1) Peaceful Valley Campout – April 23 – 25. We will be doing an Olympic-style patrol competition including scouting skills and fun games. If you want to attend, sign up on the troop website: http://troop345denver.org/events/orangecard/. Deadline to sign up is April 16.
2) Troop Shed Move – Sunday, April 11 at 2:00 pm. We are moving our equipment into a new troop shed (across the yard). If we have a number of scouts there it should take less than an hour, so please plan to attend.
3) Court of Honor – Thursday, April 29 at 6:00 pm at the church. This is an event for families to celebrate all the accomplishments of our scouts over the past six months. Please plan to join. More details to come. Scouts should have all merit badges and and rank advancement complete and turned into Mrs. Miller by April 22 in order to be acknowledged at the Court of Honor.
4) There With Care Service Project – Anyone who signed up for the There With Care Project, please bring your items to the next meeting or drop them at the Wilcox house.
5) Any scouts interested in a leadership position or a new leadership position, please speak with our new SLP, or me.
6) We have realigned our patrols. The patrols now are:
If you look at the signup sheet, you will notice three enteries for the March Service Project. There is Stuffie Stories, Decorating grocery bags, and a Food Drive. Our ASPL needs you to sign up BEFORE Spring break – so have a look now and volunteer! Henry will send out more info about the project once I have more information.
The Troop has secured three nights fo camping at Pumphouse Campground just below Kremling on the Colorado River. The dates are Thurs, August 5th – Sunday, August 7th. The site can host thirty people. Individual sites are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Rafts and duckies will be avialable for scouts can working on their Whitewater merit badge.
Happy Holidays everyone, As a reminder, we do not have a meeting this Thursday (Christmas Eve) or next Thursday (New Years Eve). Great job on the food drive for everyone who participated. Since there is no meeting or events this week, if you need anything please let Owen or I know!
We will continue to meet as Patrols on September 17. At the end of the meeting we will have a game of kickball. Also, to wrap up the meeting, we will gather together as a troop and have a Scoutmaster Minute.
We are forming a “Zoom” patrol for those Scouts that are not able to atttend in person at the park. Junior Assistant Scoutmaster Jerome and Cameron will lead this group.
If you are intereted in a leadership position, the role of Den Chief, Historian, Order of the Arrow Representative and Chaplains Aide are open. Please contact Mr. Wilcox if you are interested in any of these positions.
Patrols are planning the following activities
Rank advancment and planning of the backyard campout.
First Class Aquatics requirements 6b, 6c, 6d and 6e.
First Class Requirements 4a, 6e and Orienteering #1 and #5