A message from the Scout Master
A few additional items for the New Scouts. The Virtual Campout starting May 2 is an opportunity to complete selveral of the requirements for Tenderfoot, 2nd Class and 1st Class. To complete these requirements, please Be Prepared to do the following:
- Present yourself prepared for the campout (an example of packing list in on Page 268-269 of the Scout Handbook. You do not need all of these itesm, but it is a good place to start.
- Set-up your own tent (with help from an adult or sibling). If you do not have an outdoor space, you can set-up your camp in your living room or even your bedroom.
- Plan supper and breakfast for yourself (and your family). You may get some help but try to do as much as you can by yourself.
- Prepare supper and breakfast for yourself (and your family). You may get some help but try to do as much as you can yourself.
- If possible, use a camp stove or outdoor cooking methods to prepare the meals. If you do not have access to those methods, your kitchen will be fine.
- For Knife Safety presentation – have your pocket knife.
- For the Fire Building presentation – try to gather some sticks or other items that you can use to create a “sample” fire. If you have access to a fire pit or fireplace AND your parents’ permission you can start a fire as part of this. Starting the fire is not necessary to complete the requirement.
- Have a song, skit and/or a joke prepared for the campfire.
Finally, for everyone, Scouting BSA is also holding the National Camp-in tomorrow starting at 8:00AM with some really cool sounding activities such as:
- STEM time with Steve Wozniak
- Movie Making with Hollywood directors.
The schedule has not been released, but you should plan to join if any of the activities are of interest. More at https://www.scouting.org/Campin/
Please direct your questions to Mr. Wilcox and we’ll see you tomorrow!
See you on Zoom May 2nd at 4pm!