First off, everyone, please welcome and congratulate our new Senior Patrol Leader for the months of May – November: Coleman.
On to the updates:
1) April will be Patrol Month – there will be patrol competitions with points for attendance, wearing your uniform, doing service, and completing scouting skills challenges. Plan to be there. See flyer here for more details: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yjrLC8P7PkEiB6UVMEy6LZt_rfiGihEv_ndrU8LlJqA/edit?usp=sharing
2) April 6 – Patrol Leader Elections
3) March 31 – April 2 – Peaceful Valley Campout – Depart from Hope at 4:30 pm
4) April 1 – Sleeping mat weaving project for the homeless. 5:00 – 7:00 pm at St. Peters’ Lutheran Church. Food will be provided. Please RSVP to Mrs. Beals. See attached flyer for more details.
5) April 1 and 2 – Rocky Mountain Train Show – scouts in uniform receive free entry and can complete the entire Railroading merit badge at the event. More information at: https://rockymountaintrainshow.com/Default.aspx
6) April 21 – 23 – Hunger Games Campout. Sign up on the troop website.
7) April 29 @ 9:00 am – Lions Club Convention Flag Ceremony – we need scouts to perform the morning flag ceremony and Mr. Wilcox will buy breakfast after. Please, let Mr. Wilcox know if you are interested.
8) NYLT sign-up is now open (https://scoutingcolorado.org/camps/tahosa-high-adventure-base/national-youth-leadership-training/). This is a week-long leadership experience that is highly recommended for all scouts. To attend, scouts must be 13 years old, First Class, completed ILST, and have a scoutmaster recommendation, so if you are interested, please speak with Mr. Wilcox.
9) Sign up if you are interested in Summer Camp. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F93hy-k2hkamCBTBrzTu1V4Oe5nSqWryo_aYGrAl2w0/edit?usp=sharing
A few details:
– Our troop will attend camp the week of June 25 – July 1.
– If we have sufficient interest and parental support, we will attend two different camps (the same week so you need to pick). They are:
1) Camp Dobbins (where we always go)
2) Medicine Mountain Camp in South Dakota — this camp offers more high-adventure options and is better suited for older scouts. We will only attend if there are enough scouts and parents interested.
– Cost – Dobbins = $450; Medicine Mountain = $375 (+extra for high adventure activities)
If you are even considering going to camp this year, please, add your information to the attached Google Sheet. Payments will be due in increments starting January 1, but full refunds are available until May 15. Scouts can be added later, but they have told us that merit badge selection will open in February, so scouts added after this may not get their top merit badge and activity choices.