Hey Troop 345!
Here the update for this week.
1) This week’s meeting (7/13) will be our annual Alumni Picnic from 7:00 – 8:30. Families and anyone who has been a member of our troop are invited and the only activities will be dinner and games. The troop will provide food and drinks, so just bring yourselves and your scouting spirit.
2) August 4 – 6: Water Sports Campout – Please sign up on the troop website.
3) Merit Badge Counselors needed – We need counselors to help with the following merit badges that the troop will be working on over the next few months. We are hoping to have multiple counselors so no one person is required to be at every meeting and every meeting will have someone. Please, let me know if you are willing to help:
– 90-day merit badges (Personal Management, Personal Fitness, Family Life)
4) We have a new shipment of Class B uniforms (these are dry-fit t-shirts with the troop logo) that scouts may purchase for $10. These are great for summer camp, campouts, and scouts may wear them rather than the full, Class A, uniforms during summer meetings in the park. Please speak with Mrs. Rissmiller or Mrs. Smith if you would like one or more.
5) We are closing in on plans for high adventure camps in 2024. Northern Tier will consist of two crews (one boys and one mixed gender), departing for Ely, MN on July 11 and 13 for a 7 day trip. Sea Base is considering trips and will either go during Spring Break or early June. If you are interested, there are still spots in both adventures. Sign up on the spreadsheets below or let Mr. Wilcox know directly.
Northern Tier interest list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mBE9mWcx-PSiF-N7SZCRy5cdOFI9ItbGz7kfloO8tZQ/edit?usp=sharing
Sea Base interest list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s0ExeP_lXzA2FD9xhb3vjWI5Mxgk81NgTm11IL0Li_c/edit?usp=sharing
Thank you for taking the time to read this email and I am looking forward to seeing everyone this week for the picnic!