Hey Troop 345!!
Here is this week’s update:
1) Andre’s Eagle Scout Project details:
Hello Troop 345, my name is Andre and I’m a Life Scout. My Eagle Scout Project is coming up on Saturday the 22nd and Sunday the 23rd of July. I’m building two wheelchair-accessible picnic tables for St. Joseph’s Hospital in Denver and would like help building them. We will be painting them on day one and day two we will assemble them. Both days will be at my house and we will serve donuts, bagels, and pizza. It will start at 9:00 am and end around 2:00 pm (possibly sooner depending on our progress). If you can attend or have any questions please let me know.
If you cannot attend and would like to help me with my fundraising goal of $700 you can Venmo my parents or donate via cash or check. Thank you so much for your support and participation.
2) August 4 – 6: Water Sports Campout – sign up on the troop website.
3) Merit Badge Counselors needed – we need counselors to help with the following merit badges that the troop will be working on over the next few months. We are hoping to have multiple counselors so no one person is required to be at every meeting and every meeting will have someone. Please, let me know if you are willing to help:
– 90-day merit badges (Personal Management, Personal Fitness, Family Life)
4) We have a new shipment of Class B uniforms (these are dry-fit t-shirts with the troop logo) that scouts may purchase (I believe the cost is $10 but will need to confirm). These are great for summer camp, campouts, and scouts may wear them rather than the full, Class A, uniforms during summer meetings in the park. Speak with Mrs. Rissmiller or Mrs. Smith if you would like one (or two).
5) We are closing in on plans for high adventure camps in 2024. Northern Tier will consist of two crews (one boys and one mixed gender), departing for Ely, MN on July 11 and 13 for a 7 day trip. Sea Base is considering trips and will either go during Spring Break or early June. If you are interested, there are still spots in both adventures. Sign up on the spreadsheets below or let Mr. Wilcox know directly.
Northern Tier interest list:
Sea Base interest list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s0ExeP_lXzA2FD9xhb3vjWI5Mxgk81NgTm11IL0Li_c/edit