Hey Troop 345!!
This is the update for the week.
1) Andre held his Eagle Scout Project over the last two days (Saturday 7/22 and Sunday 7/23). On Saturday, the teams were painting the wood for the tables, and today, Sunday, we assembeled the picnic tables. Andre will be delivering one of the picnic tables to Saint Joseph Hospital on Tuesday. Congratulations Andre and thank you to everyone that attended his project!
2) After the meeting this week (7/27) we will hold a PLC. If you have a leadership position within the troop, please be there as we will be discussing the events for the month of August.
3) August 4 – 6: Water Sports Campout at Standley Lake. Paddle boarding, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, and so much more. Plus we’re staying in cabins rather than tents (though you can still set up a tent if you prefer). Some info about the campout:
It’s at Standley Lake (in metro Denver- not a 3 hour mountian expedition) and there will be the option to ‘Glamp’ in a Deluxe Bell Tent. Mr Wilcox plans to attend but can’t make it until Saturday. So far 5 scouts are signed up and we need some parent volunteers including a female adult. All adults must have current Youth Protection Training to attend camp outs and there will need to be at least one adult that has done the Water Safety Modules to serve as a sponsor for various water sport achievements.
They have kayaks and canoes for rent, and we will have a couple of paddle boards a available. Bring you own life jacket if you have one (don’t go out and buy one- the troop has some in the shed).
Please sign up on the troop website!
4) August 17 – Court of Honor. Location TBD but probably at Sundance Pool
5) August 26 – District Fishing Derby for those who need to complete the Fishing merit badge requirements. Details to follow.
6) September 8 – 10 – 14er Campout. Location TBD. Sign up on the troop website
7) September 29 – Oct 1 – District Camporee. We must defend our championship!
8) We have officially started this year’s annual Peach Sale!! Please start selling and logging your sales.
For those who do not know, our big 20 pound box is $50 and or smaller 10 pound box is $30. Good luck troop!!
9) Merit Badge Counselors needed – we need counselors to help with the 90-day (Personal Management, Personal Fitness, Family Life), Golf, and Nature merit badges. Please let Mr. Wilcox know if you are interested
10) We have a new shipment of Class B uniforms (these are dry-fit t-shirts with the troop logo) that scouts may purchase ($10). These are great for summer camp, campouts, and scouts may wear them rather than the full, Class A, uniforms during summer meetings in the park. Speak with Mrs. Rissmiller or Mrs. Smith if you would like one (or two).
11) If you want to attend Sea Base in 2024, please, email Mr. Wilcox with your prefered trip and dates ASAP as spots are filling fast.
We still have some space available for Northern Tier in the summer of 2024. Please, let Mr. Wilcox know if you are interested.
That’s all for this week. Thank you for taking the time to read this email,