Sorry I was not there tonight, but I hope you had a good meeting and picked some great patrol leaders. I’m looking forward to finding out who your new leaders are.
Here’s the update:
1) Leadership position terms have ended. If you are not a SPL, ASPL, Patrol Leader, or have not talked to Mr. Wilcox about another leadership position, then you do not have a leadership position. Please, talk to Mr. Wilcox if you would like a leadership position.
2) Speaking of which, we need scouts to be Den Chiefs for the cub scout dens. This is a good leadership position for scouts who need leadership for rank advancement. The requirement is to attend typically one den meeting and one pack meeting each month. Please, talk to Mr. Wilcox if you are interested
3) ILST (Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops) Training – STARTS NEXT WEEK, November 2 at the regular meeting. This is a really great, fun leadership training that we do every year. Beyond being a great life skill, completion is required to attend NYLT, a week-long leadership camp that is an amazing experience, and to be an ASPL in our troop (NYLT is required to be a SPL). Training will take place at the next two meetings and finish at the ILST overnight. Scouts must complete all three sessions to complete the training. I hope you all can make it.
4) November 4 – Annual Food Drive. Here’s how it works:
– Print out the flyer attached here (unless you got some at the meeting)
– Attach them to paper grocery bags — if you did not get some at the meeting, you can arrange to get some from Mr. Smith
– Hand them out around your neighborhood (or you can e-mail the flyer to your neighborhood or post it on social media or however you communicate with your neighbors)
– On Saturday, November 4th before 9:00 am, your neighbors should leave the bags by their mailboxes
– You should pick up the bags and deliver them to Covenant Cupboard at 10:00 am
– Bring the food into the Covenant Cupboard pantry and help sort it
– That’s it. We are usually Covenant Cupboard’s single largest source of food for the entire year, so hopefully, we continue that streak
5) November 10 – Veteran’s Day Flag Ceremony at Campus Middle School. We need five scouts to participate in a flag ceremony and veterans celebration. You will miss the beginning of school. First five entries will be able to participate.
6) November 10 – 11 – ILST Overnight and Annual Plan. As many scouts and families as possible should attend the planning meeting on Saturday morning. Please sign up so we know how many to expect. There will also be a hike after the annual plan at Waterton Canyon for the Hiking and Nature merit badges.
7) December 8 – 10 – Ski Weekend at Copper Mountain – We will have a ski in / ski out condo where everyone can stay. If you are interested, please sign up ASAP on the Sign-up Genius so we can ensure we have enough scouts to make it happen. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0E4AAAAD22AA8-44769369-skiweekend#/
Thank you all.