We had a great start to ILST tonight. A big thank you to Coleman and Andre for teaching Module 1. They were very well prepared and did a great job. We still need instructors for Module 2 (next Thursday) and Module 3 (Friday night). Please, let me know if you would like to instruct. We have Dr. Hurska’s flipchart and notecards that make it really easy to lead.
On to the update:
1) Leadership position terms have ended. If you are not an SPL, ASPL, Patrol Leader, or have not talked to Mr. Wilcox about another leadership position, then you do not have a leadership position. Please, talk to Mr. Wilcox if you would like a leadership position.
2) Speaking of which, we need scouts to be Den Chiefs for the Cub Scout dens. This is a good leadership position for scouts who need leadership for rank advancement. The requirement is to attend typically one den meeting and one pack meeting each month. Please, talk to Mr. Wilcox if you are interested
3) November 4 – Annual Food Drive. Here’s how it works:
– Print out the flyer attached here (unless you got some at the meeting)
– Attach them to paper grocery bags — if you did not get some at the meeting, you can arrange to get some from Mr. Smith
– Hand them out around your neighborhood (or you can e-mail the flyer to your neighborhood or post it on social media or however you communicate with your neighbors)
– On Saturday, November 4th before 9:00 am, your neighbors should leave the bags by their mailboxes
– You should pick up the bags and deliver them to Covenant Cupboard at 10:00 am
– Bring the food into the Covenant Cupboard pantry and help sort it
– That’s it. We are usually Covenant Cupboard’s single largest source of food for the entire year, so hopefully, we continue that streak
4) November 10 – Veteran’s Day Flag Ceremony at Campus Middle School. We need five scouts to participate in a flag ceremony and veterans celebration. You will miss the beginning of school. First five entries will be able to participate.
5) ILST (Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops) Training – Continues next week (Thursday at the meeting and Friday at the overnight). This is a really great, fun leadership training that we do every year. Beyond being a great life skill, completion is required to attend NYLT, a week-long leadership camp that is an amazing experience, and to be an ASPL in our troop (NYLT is required to be a SPL).
6) November 10 – ILST Overnight – We will complete the final module of training, play, games, and sleep over in the church. If you are planning to attend, please sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0E4AAAAD22AA8-44986418-ilst#/, so that we know how many to expect. We will also need adults to attend so we comply with our youth protection guidelines. I will send more details early next week.
7) November 11 – Annual Plan. As many scouts and families as possible should attend the planning meeting on Saturday morning. The scouts will make breakfast for their parents and any family members. This is a very important meeting as we will plan all our campouts and activities for 2024. Please sign up so we know how many to expect: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0E4AAAAD22AA8-44986418-ilst#/.
8) December 8 – 10 – Ski Weekend at Copper Mountain – We will have a ski in / ski out condo where everyone can stay. If you are interested, please sign up ASAP on the Sign-up Genius so we can ensure we have enough scouts to make it happen. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0E4AAAAD22AA8-44769369-skiweekend#/
Let me know if you have any questions.